Thursday 2 March 2017

New beginnings - Virtual Meet and Greet

Ok...

Forever, I think, I've had my nose in a book. It has always been my comfortable space. A few years ago I moved into writing. Life is not always straight forward but in moments of calm when the cats were herded for the day, writing became a way to let loose. 

...But I've never blogged before. 

This coming weekend though is a new beginning, so I thought I would give it a go. 

I'm off to Eroticon 2017



The grand idea of darling husband who thinks I'm good enough to be out there. So I'm trying to repay his confidence. 

Here are the links to the reason why... they're free to download so go have a look. 

Perspectives of Love

Switch

Working Away

Still, going to a convention is a bit like coming out... I've always known what I was thinking about... admitting it in public is somewhat different! 

Kicking off a blog for me is about putting this part of my life back into gear, having been hanging around in neutral for a few years while the cats were young. It's about having space that isn't about being a mum. 

Anyhow... here is my virtual meet and greet for ...ARRRRRGGGHHH...tomorrow!

NAME (and Twitter if you have one)
Alethea when I'm not being mum... will most likely answer to Allie. Twitter....don't make me laugh, this is my first blog post!
What are you hoping to get out of Eroticon 2017?
A weekend away from the troops! A chance to dust off the me that rarely sees the light of day and be a grown up for a couple of days. Also though to get an idea about what I could be doing in this corner of my life. I would love to read and write more, would love to do some beta reading, would love to get some writing collaborators for myself. And would love to make new friends who are happy to share their kinky brains, and possibly even lives, so that I can keep my writing authentic and reflective of real sex, not the fairy tale world erotica often lives in. 
This years schedule at Eroticon is pretty full on but which 4 sessions do you already have marked down as ones you want to attend?
I read the schedule and was overwhelmed. Then I went off and read the blogs and anything else I could get my hands on about the contributors, because I don't want to find I've missed something I really should have attended. Who knows when I'll get day release again!
So I plan on definitely attending ...
I've written and deleted nearly every session here because I'm scared to look like an overplanner! It all looks great. Would love to do the ropes, but without darlings husband I don't have the nerve. Likewise less likely to go to Kinkcraft...but really want to go to the disability talk (and the concurrent plotting one, darn it!) and probably blogging 102 would be a good move! Kate Lister on Saturday afternoon, because everyone has suggested her sessions are a must but Sunday clashes with tips on getting your work into print, which again is probably a good idea. but then Myles Jackman vs Malin James is a tricky one as again most virtual introducees have suggested both are "must see" speakers. 
Also, since I share a difference one or two others have mentioned...being ASC... I would love to sidle up to them and ask how they think it makes a difference to their outlook, if it does, because I do a lot of work in my other life about social perceptions and how autistic people who miss these think about gender and sexuality. Also how differences in sensitivity and the ability to enjoy touch affect your sex and fantasy life. If that's you feel free to wander up to me...

Tell us one thing about yourself that not many people know?
I'm an occasional speaker at the church I attend. Likewise, most of them would be clueless about this part of me...although not all!
If you made the papers, what would the headline be?
Local education meeting improved as community rep brings wrong document for consideration... 
If you could have one skill for free (I.e. without practice/time/effort) what would it be?
to have my house run by the domestic goddess version of myself all the time whilst the rest of me gets some sleep!
Complete the sentence: I love it when…
I can be on my own with no immediate demands on my time and I can find both my inner calm and my inner kink ;-)
... or when a plan comes together, because all other things aside I was born in the 70s. 


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the addictive world of blogging and to the Eroticon meet and greet. I know exactly what you mean about the 'no demands on my time' desire. Oh how I love those moments.
    Really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow night. I think you are going to have a fabulous weekend

    mollyx

    ReplyDelete